At the “Acibadem Sistina" Department of Neonatology and Intensive Care we proudly overcome the largest and the most complicated challenges in medicine - saving the lives of critically ill newborns and of prematurely born babies. The modes of mechanical ventilation, noninvasive mechanical ventilation, and total parenteral and enteral nutrition are some of the beneficial aspects offered at the Department. We have invested in a state-of-the-art transport incubator, providing transport for critically ill newborns.
At the Department of Neonatology, we take care of infants’ health and welfare, be they critically ill, premature babies, or babies requiring special monitoring. We take care of for newborns by providing:
• Adjuvant treatment for newborns
• Educating mothers (breastfeeding and care)
• Special care to newborns with problems in the process of adaptation
• Treatment of postnatal infections
• Monitoring of vital functions
• Post-intensive care and treatment
• Diagnosis of congenital cardiac defects
Consultative neontological outpatient activity
We can observe the growth and development of newborns and infants of up to one year of age, perform regular monthly examining, as well as consultative examining.
Neonatal and Pediatric intensive care
At the Department, we operate 11 intensive care units and 2 isolated intensive care units to provide:
• Treatment and care for premature babies
• Treatment for critically ill infants and children
• Treatment for Perinatal asphyxia
• Treatment of infants with postnatal infections and treatment for critically ill term infants
• Treatment of critically ill newborns with respiratory, gastrointestinal and central nervous system diseases
• Treatment and care of Small for gestational age (SGA) infants
• Mechanical ventilation support
• 24 - hour cardio/respiratory monitoring
• Total parenteral nutrition
The Department of Neonatal Intensive Care at "Acibadem Sistina" Clinical Hospital also provides services to infants born in other medical centers who require special care and treatment.
Pediatric Emergency Transport Service (PETS)
Our highly specialized mobile transport Unit and the Intensive care for severely ill newborns and infants:
1. Offers a cutting edge sanitary transport vehicle; sophisticated equipment - transport incubator, transport ventilator, monitoring equipment, intubation set, infusomats handled by a highly qualified team of specialists and nurses.
2. Provides transport (of critically ill newborns requiring further treatment) between medical facilities in the country and the region, as well as transport to and from the Clinical Hospital "Acibadem Sistina”
3. Our transport team consists of four specialists (paramedics), trained in intensive care and critical care transport and five nurses with experience in intensive care.