The Cardiovascular Center at "Acibadem Sistina" is the most contemporary center in the region; a leader in the diagnostics and treatment of vascular and heart diseases. Cutting- edge technology as well as treatment protocols are applied at our center, conducted by a team of top cardiovascular specialists, all recognized throughout the region. At the Cardiovascular Center, patients’ rehabilitation and quality of life improvement follows all cardiac surgeries. The expert medical team prepares an individualized rehabilitation plan for each patient. The plan includes appropriate rehabilitation procedures (exercises), depending on the patient's diagnosis and health condition.
The Cardiac team at "Acibadem Sistina" consists of interventional cardiologists, cardiologists, non-invasive cardiologists and cardiac electrophysiologists, covering all three segments of cardiac problems. Our experienced team, in its daily routine, promotes measures for risk factors control as an effective prevention of cardiovascular diseases:
• Complete examination of all veins and arteries
• Complete heart examination (cardiac ultrasound, cardiac stress test, halter for heart rhythm and blood pressure monitoring etc.)
• Cardiac computed tomography angiography (CCTA)
• Angiography and stent placement (Bare metal stent; Drug eluting stent)
• Arrhythmia- diagnosis and treatment
• Insertion of all types of pacemakers
Coronary intensive care unit
The Coronary intensive care at "Acibadem Sistina" offers six intensive care units performing complete monitoring, intensive treatment, support and care of critically ill patients. It provides 24-hour invasive and non-invasive monitoring of patients with cardiac, neurological and internal problems.
The concept of the "St. Ilija" Cardiac Surgery Department, led by our eminent professor Dr. Salis Tadzher was designed according to the latest global standards, providing professional approach in patients’ care. The success in our past work is a result of our team approach and of the continuous education, coupled with the most modern equipment and apparatus enabling execution of innovative and complicated procedures.
The Department performs a wide range of cardiac surgical interventions, ranging from routine to most complex open-heart procedures. Special emphasis is put on the minimally invasive surgery performed as a routine intervention. The team is trained to perform the most complicated and difficult surgeries resulting in exceptionally low mortality rates similar to those of referent cardiac surgery centers worldwide.
• Minimally invasive surgery
• Cutting-edge intensive care units
• Aorta surgery
• Coronary artery by-pass surgery
• Mitral valve reconstruction
• Treatment of Aneurysm and Aortic dissection
Cardiac Intensive Care
Severely ill patients in the early postoperative period and patients with chronic diseases are treated by utilizing cutting-edge equipment for resuscitation and intensive care. The team of top experts in this field provides health care in accordance with globally accepted standards and protocols in order to improve patients’ condition and transfer them promptly to the general ward.
The Department of Vascular Surgery is equipped with the latest technology that enables prompt diagnostics of all vascular diseases. The pre-operation preparation, the surgical intervention and the postoperative monitoring are all carried out in operating rooms equipped with the latest technology and with intensive care units. The multidisciplinary approach of the team of experienced diagnosticians (radiologists, cardiologists, anesthesiologists, nurses and physiotherapists), achieve excellent post-operative results in the treatment of patients on whom seriously complicated operations were performed. These results correspond to those of leading global vascular centers.
The team of experts is led by Dr. Mitko Karagjozov, experienced vascular surgeon working in this field since 1980. He has performed thousands of successful vascular surgeries. The department offers the following services:
• Endarterectomy (surgical removal of plaque from an artery)
• Peripheral artery bypass surgery; abdominal aorta surgery, Aortobifemoral Bypass, Leg Bypass Surgery and Femoropopliteal Bypass (Fem-Pop Bypass)
• Reconstruction of the renal arteries
• Reconstruction of the carotid artery and hands’ arteries
• Surgical treatment of extended aneurysm of all arteries except for the aortic arch aneurysm
• Laser and classical varicose vein surgery of lower limbs
• Treatment of congenital vascular malformation
• Dialysis patients fistula placement
• Insertion of catheters to deliver chemotherapy to cancer patients
• Diabetic Foot Treatment